Name Change

The attorneys at Davidson Law are experienced in assisting clients with name changes. 

An adult’s name can be changed in the context of a Divorce proceeding by simply writing the change into the Final Decree.  Then the person whose name was changed can use the Final Decree to have their name changed on the driver’s license and other pieces of identification as needed.

A child’s name can be changed in the context of a Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship or Divorce in the same manner.  A child’s name can also be changed in the context of an Adoption case in the same manner.

If none of these proceedings are ongoing and a name change is still required, it can be accomplished by filing a case solely for the name change.  It is a simple process wherein the Court wants to ensure the change is not being requested to avoid criminal prosecution, debt collectors, or any other improper reason.

Please call today to schedule a free consultation.